You know when you are little and you think your Grandma's house is so huge and then you grow up and think, "wow, this has shrunk" then you realize it is just you who got bigger.
that is how I felt when I bought my first Cadbury Egg this season, (my all time favorite Easter candy)
The fact I paid $.89 (I can remember paying $.25 cents each when I was a kid) already had me irritated but them when I opened it to eat it I said, "They made them smaller this year"
So if you google search "shrinking Cadbury Egg" it appears I am not the only who feels this way. Even BJ Novak "the Office" talked about it on late night T.V. in 2007.
. . . . . . .During an interview on the April 4th, 2007 episode of Late Night with Conan O' Brien, actor B. J. Novak drew attention to the fact that American market Cadbury Creme Eggs have decreased in size from previous years, despite the claim on the Cadbury's website FAQ that the eggs were not getting smaller, but rather, "you've just grown up!"This FAQ has since been altered to clarify that only American eggs have altered in size.
. . . . . . .So, i am not sure if it is just that my hands are bigger than last year or if they are indeed smaller, I just know I still love them. And will likely never forgive my brother, Ryan, for calling this year and telling me about the Orange filled ones - oh la la!
Look at all the kinds they make.
- Mini Creme Eggs (bite-sized Creme Eggs)
- Caramel Eggs (soft caramel filling)
- Mini Caramel Eggs (bite-sized Caramel Eggs)
- Chocolate Creme Eggs (chocolate fondant filling)
- Orange Creme Eggs (Creme Eggs with a hint of orange flavor)
- Mint Creme Eggs (green "yolk" and mint flavor chocolate)
- Dairy Milk with Creme Egg bars
- Creme Egg Fondant in a Narrow Cardboard Tube (limited edition)
- Creme Egg ice cream with a fondant sauce in milk chocolate
- Dream Eggs (white chocolate with white chocolate fondant filling)
How about you? do you love them or walk right past them? Do you think they are smaller?