Tonight as I was getting ready to go to bed I found the CMT music awards show was on. I love, love country music. When I moved to Nashville I couldn't listen to it for 5 seconds without changing the channel. Then I got struck with the country music bug.
Watching the show really made me miss living there. I kind of laugh about it because I can listen to country music here and watch videos here but for some reason don't. Now all I talk or think about is politics.
Stefanie, Liz and I's former neighbor was one of the presenters with Snoop Dog. It was so fun to Jason Aldean making it! He was so patient while trying to start his music career.
So I started thinking of all the fun stars I saw while living in Nashville.
- JoDee Mesina at a Mexican restaurant
- Faith Hill at a cafe with her two kids in historic Franklin
- Martina McBride walking out of the restaurant she ate at before I saw her in concert
- Amy Grant and Vince Gill at the YMCA
- The lead singer for Nickel Creek stood in line with me at the Pancake Pantry
- Alan Jackson at the GAP in the mall
- Ryan Shupe and SheDaisy at church
- Naomi Judd at another Mexican restaurant and she came up to us and commented on how cute Caroline was. She was about 6 months old. She squeezed her cheeks even. I tried to act like she wasn't famous but wanted to get up and hug her.
- thanks for the reminder Jill... how can i forget Carrie Underwood moved into my neighborhood (the nice part) right before we moved and she was outside playing football with some guy and I made Jeff turn the car around and we pulled up to her and I said, "I love you. Congrats on winning American Idol. you are so cute" I was star struck for sure and Jeff was so embarrassed and starting pulling the car away while i was still talking to her. She is even more beautiful in person.
I saw seriously almost everyone else in country music perform live on stage thanks to all the free tickets Stefanie gave me!
Have you ever seen a country star?