We strolled in Paris on the late side and didn't arrive until noon. Lazy us.
We totally exhausted the kids today by :
- found great and fast parking
- visited Notre Dame. thank you Notre Dame for having a playground outside for kids to play on while parents take photos (i took 245 today)
- paid 1.50 euro to go to the bathroom with great pink toliet paper
- had lunch on the street - rough life for the kids having to eat fries and chocolate crepes for lunch
- Sainte-Chapelle (I actually enjoyed this more than Notre Dame) the twisty, skinny stair case made Sally Jane think we were in the Sleeping Beauty castle.
- a visit into the Louvre (meltdowns began) Annie Kate's wish came true. She had done a big report this year on Leonardo DaVinci and was thrilled. The photos I love even more than her in front of the Mona Lisa was her taking a photo in the crowds with the camera on her Nintendo as well as the masses of people snatching a photo with their cameras.
- laid in the grass in the gardens by the Lourve (Caroline found two wine corks, which seems like a perfect souvenir)
- had ice cream and cotton candy at a little fair (probably the best part of the kids day)
- had my first taxi ride with a woman driver (who was so beautiful and extremely nice)
- got our car and drove to the garment district where Jeff squeezed our Passat Wagon into the smallest parking spot known to man. Jeff seriously wins super driver of the year here!
- saw some incredible notions, ribbon and fabirc (Michelle you were right it was amazing)
- Walked to the top of the hill at the Scare-Coeur ( Jennifer F - I thought of you at the top) Worth the hike
- drove back to our little Villa on the outside of town - yea Marriott!
- had Ramen noodles for dinner along with mozzarella, tomatoes and nutella - but not all mixed together.
- kids went swimming
note to self. take more self portraits, so that there will be a record that I too was on this trip.
**Can't seem to find any yummy pasteries, is there a street I am missing? feel free to pipe in.